Changes

This blog was started to explore the integration of technology into classrooms and, more specifically, into library activities. It seems like I’ve been in limbo over the last two or three years. I found it very hard to explore new websites, apps, widgets, or extensions when my schedule became fixed as a prep provider. Teachers brought their classes into the library, then left to prepare for the rest of the day. Time to meet with those teachers to discuss ways to collaborate vanished. Time for library administration became just as hard to find. While I spent time spinning my wheels the technology world continued on its merry way. I’m feeling very far behind.

Believe it or not, I actually like posting in my blog. You’d never know that if you just looked at the number of recent posts. There isn’t time to do this at work and when I get home there are always so many other things to do. Many changes have occurred over the course of the last two years and I’ve been encouraged to start posting again. I should have more time now. Half time gives you more time at home and therefore, more time to post. I can’t complain. Half time is better than no time. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining. I rather like half time.

Harambee Elementary School almost closed. It’s a long and complicated story so I’m not going to try to explain it all. Currently we are being run by the Roseville School District. I didn’t say that we were actually part of the school district because that would be stretching the truth. Perhaps next year that will happen.

I’m fortunate to have great support in the Roseville District. My principal and colleagues are also very supportive. It’s time once again to see what the tech world has to offer.