Don’t Pass Up the Opportunity

Welcome to any and all visitors from the 2011 Teaching and Technology Institute. I am glad to see that so many are taking advantage of this opportunity to learn more about technology integration into the classroom and hope you come away from today’s seminars with a host of new ideas floating around in your minds. Even if you take only one of those ideas back into your classroom, the time spent here will be well worth it.

I started this blog several years ago as the result of an assignment in the E2T2 class I was taking. If you go back and look at some of the earlier posts you’ll see that while I used technology myself, I didn’t use it so much in my instruction, and there was so much I didn’t know how to do. I fumbled through figuring out how to put a picture on my blog and how to size them or arrange them in the post. You can see how I tried things with my classes that were sometimes wonderful successes, other times failures, and¬†more often than not, a mix of the two. However, no matter what I’ve done to integrate technology both into the classroom and into my own teacher prep toolbox, it has all been a success for my students.

The E2T2 classes I took¬†changed not only the way I taught but even my view on what I should actually be teaching. I feel very strongly that my students are leaving elementary school better prepared to face middle school and life beyond because I was willing to take advantage of an opportunity to stretch beyond my own technology fears. Don’t pass up any opportunity to do some of this scary stuff. You will not regret it.